Ada Butler (757) 653-8528
Sam Jones (757) 653-4757
- Scarecrow must be made at the fairground in the designated area on Thursday, August 15, 2013 prior to Veggie Art.
- The contest is open to youth between the ages of 5 and 19.
- An entry may be made by an individual or group of youth.
- Parents may assist their children if younger than 10.
- Participants may bring clothes, hats, accessories, etc., or select from those provided (limited)
- A scarecrow head, straw, and a stand will be provided.
- Scarecrows must remain on exhibit throughout the fair week. They may be removed after 10pm on Saturday, August 17, 2013 or between 8am and 10am on Sunday, August 18, 2013.
- The following classes will be judged.
- Most Creative
- Most Likely to scare a crow
- Entries will receive a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place ribbon in each class. The Best in Show will receive an additional Rosette ribbon.