Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Pageant Director - Janet M. Joyner (757) 334-2171
Understand that in submitting the applications you are aware of the Rules & Regulations of the Fair Board as listed:
- The Queen will receive the following:
- Scholarship (at completion of her reign)
- Bouquet of roses
- A selection of gifts from local area merchants
- Car Magnets
2. The First Runner-up will receive the following:
- A $75 award
- A sash
- Bouquet of roses
Queen’s Crown – uniform crown according to VAF regulations, provided by Smith’s Jewelers of Franklin, VA.
Rules & Regulations:
- Contestant must be single, never married, without children, and never having been pregnant.
- Contestant must be between the ages of 17 and 22 on the day of pageant.
- Contestant must be female who has always been female.
- Contestant must possess good moral character having never been convicted of any crime or have criminal charges pending against her. In addition, she must never have committed an act or engaged in any activity which is or could be characterized as dishonest, immoral, indecent, or in bad taste, either in person or on any form of social media.
- Contestant and all accompanying members or guests will conduct themselves in a proper “lady-like” manner at ALL times. Any display of uncooperative or unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification of the contestant or title holder.
- Contestant will compete in a private interview, personality wear, on stage question, and evening gown.
- Must have lived in the City of Franklin, Southampton County or attend Franklin / Southampton Schools, for at least six (6) months prior to the pageant.
- Applications may be picked up at Janet’s Touch of Style 505 North Main St. Franklin, Va. or online at www.franklinsouthamptoncountyfair.org
- Application is to be typed and submitted with a non-refundable $35.00 application fee, 5x7 Head Shot photo and a copy of your birth certificate to the Pageant Director. The complete application is due on or before JUNE 23rd.
- Once crowned, the Queen’s presence is required during the four (4) days of the fair.
- Her presence is expected at the livestock shows and to award various ribbons when required.
- She will also be expected to represent the Franklin/Southampton County Fair at the Virginia Association of Fairs Queen’s Pageant January 2018, as well as in parades and other functions associated with the Franklin/Southampton Fair Foundation, Inc.
- Contestants are required to participate in fundraisers.