Jump to navigation
- Contestants for the talent contest must be a resident from the City of Franklin, Southampton County, or an adjacent Virginia City or County.
- There are 3 age divisions
- Junior Division – ages 14 years and younger
- Intermediate Division – ages 15-17 years old
- Senior Division – ages 18 years and older
Ages as of July 31, 2017
- Chairperson reserves the right to change age and divisions according to the number of entries.
- Application deadline is July 26, 2017 and should be mailed to Cecil Edwards, 23383 Hanging Tree Road, Courtland, VA 23837.
- All contestants must appear for preliminary judging at 7:00pm on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, at the Fairgrounds.
- The preliminary judging will be based on your entire selection and costumes are required.
- Appearance is very important and will be judged toward your final score. Costumes need to reflect your talent selection.
- Up to eight participants may be chosen from each of the three age divisions.
- The final talent presentation should be limited to no more than eight minutes
- Talent may be presented as a solo, duet, or group with cash prizes to be shared among the members of the act. (Just amateurs please!)
- All contestants appearing in the talent show must arrive at the fairgrounds no later than 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 10, 2017.
- CD’s may be used as well. (Fair will not be responsible for lost tapes and CD’s) No profanity or explicit lyrics permitted.