Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Janet M Joyner (757) 334-2171
Renee Wrenn (757) 653-7983
Rules and Regulations:
1. There is a $20.00 non-refundable application fee.
2. Only 10 contestants per age group will be accepted. This will be on a first come first serve basis and application must be completed and fee PAID.
3. Applications may be picked up at Janet’s Touch of Style, 505 North Main St. Franklin, Va. or online at www.franklinsouthamptoncountyfair.org.
4. Contestants must be single, never married, without children, and never having been pregnant.
5. Must be a Franklin/Southampton resident or attend a Franklin/Southampton County School for at least six months.
6. Category Guidelines as follows:
- Wee (3-4 years) must be 3 by August 9, 2017
- Little ( 5-7 years) must be 5 by August 9, 2017
- Junior ( 8-10 years) must be 8 by August 9, 2017
- Pre-teen (11-13 years) must be 11 by August 9, 2017
- Teen (14-16 years years) must be 14 by August 9, 2017
- If turning 17 on or before August 9, 2017 you must compete in Miss Franklin/Southampton County Fair Pageant
7. If you win your age division, you must sit out a year before competing again. Exception to the rule is Teen Category, this age division moves up to a different pageant.
8. Application may be TYPED or hand written Neatly and submitted with a 5x7 HEAD SHOT, copy of contestant’s birth certificate, signature sheet and photo release form. The complete application is due on or before June 17, 2017 and must be submitted to the Pageant Director.
9. Wee and Little contestants will be judged on their, personality wear and pageant dress.
10. Junior, Pre-teen and Teen contestants will be judged on their personality wear, pageant gown, private interview and (Pre-teen and Teen) an on stage question.
- The entered photo may not be changed once entered.
- Wee and Little must wear white patent leather shoes with pageant dress.
- Junior, Pre-teen and Teen must wear a FULL LENGTH pageant dress (evening gown).
11. All contestants should conduct themselves in a “ladylike” manner at all times.
12. All contestants will be expected to participate in any fundraising activities and are required to attend all meetings and rehearsals. Absences will not be tolerated as well as non-participation.
13. Contestants can miss ONE meeting or practice, without a deduction, all other absences will result in a 1 point deduction.
14. Only the queen of each age group will be required to represent Franklin/Southampton County Fair (at the fair) as well as in future parades and other functions. Queens are to represent the fair as a court (group) only. If a Queen is interested in participating in an activity as an individual, it must be approved by the Pageant Director.
15. The 1st Runner-up will only be required to fulfill the duties of the Queen, only if she can’t complete her reign. At the request of the Pageant Director.
The Queens will receive:
- Scholarship (at completion of her reign)
- Bouquet of Roses
The First Runner Up will receive:
- Bouquet Roses
The Highest Fundraiser will receive:
- Mini iPad
- Four day Fair Pass
- Bouquet of Flowers